Aces' Artwork: IL2-MAT Manager v2 WiP

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Aces' Artwork: IL2-MAT Manager v2 WiP

Postby Aces on Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:23 pm

Hi all,

Sorry I've been a bit thin on the ground this week but I've been hard at work on IL2-MAT Manager v2.

Below is a quick progress update. First up, there's a new set of weathered RAF numbers/letters and a new National Markings option for Greek 335 squadron, this interested me as they had Greek alphabet call letters.

I have seperated the New Zealand markings from their previous home into in the British national markings section to their own drop-down box.

I have added an option to the Netherlands national markings drop-down box to display the triangle marking at a reduced size, thanks to Tachyon for the pictures and information.

Unfortunately the Australian (RAAF) markings are still shared with the Royal Navy option but I have extended the range of markings in this drop-down box to incorporate an additional two options which enable weathered and faded versions of the "shared" marking as a compromise solution although I have also retained the option to use Britian as a "surrogate" nationality to display RAAF markings so you have a pretty good choice.

Lastly I have re-coded the program to incorporate a new option to switch the path that MAT files are copied to in advance of the game version supporting non-clearance of the PaintSchemes\Cache folder. This will allow full backward-compatibility with IL-2 Sturmovik and all other game versions prior to the new version with support for this feature. I considered having the program detect the game version but, the game executables don't contain any version information and date and size is a problematical way of doing things so decided on a simple switch in the Control Panel.

That's it for now, I'll post more news later in the week.

Best Regards

Aces
Aces
Utilities Developer

Postby CrazySchmidt on Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:56 pm

Mate... this is looking nice.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. :)
CrazySchmidt
Utilities Developer

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:42 am

As good as ever Aces.

I'd seen your work on MAT manager for a while but have only just starting using and I think that it's just great.

Thanks for your efforts!
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum