Fool_Trottels Joystick Sensitivity Tool

Post here with news of articles, files, guides etc that may be of interest to Airwarfare visitors

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Fool_Trottels Joystick Sensitivity Tool

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Utility to change the sensitivity settings for your HOTAS controllers, and thus optimize your sim flying experience!

This IL2-Sticks utility does not have any special Installation procedure (ie Setup.exe)

It should work, as long as you create a folder, place (extract) all files from the zipfile into the folder, and make sure the folder has a subfolder called 'Profiles'
There will be no icons created, neither on the desktop, nor in the Start Menu.
Create one yourself, or just doubleclick on IL2-Sticks.exe to start it.

Disclaimer:
* This tool has been tested, but tests have been limited! (And only for IL2 FB-AEP-PF 4.01m)
* Using this program is at your own risk!
* The maker of this program does not guarantee it's functionality.
* The maker will not accept any responsibility for any effects it may have on your hardware/software!
* The User himself is responsible for making backup copies of all relevant files and parts of game configuration!

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_es ... es.htm#087
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby Tully on Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:34 am

Excellent little gee-gaw, particularly for those with mulitple controller setups. I've tested it and found it much easier than trying to explain to people how to make edits in conf.ini :D
Tully
Corporal

Postby T_O_A_D on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:52 am

I love it!

It is a great tool.

It will make sharing configs alot easier.

Just to add to the fun here is mine

X-45, CH rudders, Micro FFB combination

http://home.mchsi.com/~t_o_a_d/T_O_A_D.ini
See Ya in the Sky's !!!!!!
My real AT-6 Flight
I.O.C.L
T_O_A_D
Corporal

Postby FoolTrottel on Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:35 am

Great thinking T_O_A_D !

:idea: So, if we gather some 'great profiles' for standard controller setups, then I can add them to the installation zip of IL2-Sticks, whenever it leaves it's Beta state?
(I've got one for starters!)
===================================================
A fool can always find a greater fool to admire him.
Ein Trottel findet immer einen groesseren Trottel, der ihn bewundert.
FoolTrottel
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby assam on Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:15 pm

I was bored, and I needed to try and learn how to use this setup.exe maker, so I made a setup file for this that prompts the user where to install it (default c:\program files\il2-sticks), and it also creates a shortcut in the start menu.

Would you be interested in this?
assam
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby PapaG39 on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:38 am

I like this utility but I did run into one thing.
My prop pitch now will not go over 96-97%
PapaG39
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby FoolTrottel on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:54 pm

assam wrote:I was bored, and I needed to try and learn how to use this setup.exe maker, so I made a setup file for this that prompts the user where to install it (default c:\program files\il2-sticks), and it also creates a shortcut in the start menu.

Would you be interested in this?

Assam,
That looks good! Always nice to have it as simple as can be 8) ... (I thought I already did that .... well... appearantly ... not ;-))

I'm interested indeed.
However, I guess not for the current version, but for the next. (1.0i)
You can contact me via PM, provide me with an email addy, I can send you the new version, (zipped) ... you do your thing (Again! Hope yer still bored...) and reply the setup.exe, I'll check it out .... and we publish it here!

Thanks!
FoolTrottel
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby FoolTrottel on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:59 pm

PapaG39 wrote:I like this utility but I did run into one thing.

PapaG39,
Either post yer config.ini [rts_joystick] section, and/or your current Profile (IL2-Sticks profile.ini) here, or PM me with it. (and also yer Pilot's Settings.ini)
Then I can check it out.

Good Luck!
FoolTrottel
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby assam on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:37 pm

PM sent
assam
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby Tully on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:55 am

PapaG39 wrote:I like this utility but I did run into one thing.

There are two possibilities there:

1. If the highest setting is not at 100% and the one next to it at or very close to 100%, you simply will not get full control deflection (in any axis, not just prop pitch); OR

2. The controller needs recalibrating. You should check in Windows Game Controllers properties to see if you're getting full deflection.
Tully
Corporal

Postby Titler on Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:33 pm

Newbie here, making a post here as this tool may be what I need to solve my problem, although I'm not sure how to use it to do so. Apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I picked up a second hand MS Precision Pro, and when I turn in FB/PF, I find that I'm getting Z-Axis rudder input too, which is causing me to spin out and crash often. Under Windows Configuration, it can be up to +/- 10 (average about +/- 4) as I move the x/y axis around.
Some of it may be my own hauling on the stick, as I'm not used to it, and this may decrease in time though... But I'd like to get FB/PF to ignore about that much Z-Axis for now, but I don't know what settings I need to give for the joystick to prevent it. A fiddle around with the in game editor didn't seem to stop Z Axis moving, and the tutorial here about the bands didn't help identify how to target that axis in particular... so what do I need to set with this tool instead, if it's a possible solution?

Thanks.
Titler
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby WTE_Vexx on Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:10 am

great looking util, but i can't get it to change anything in my confi.ini

Installed it fine, it works, it recognises my settings but if i change them nothing happens in the .ini
I've got it set to the right folder and it says it's saved it to the .ini file.

nothing changed either in the ingame input settings or the confi.ini

I'm using saitek x-52 and CH pedals which are both recognised with the program, all my axis that are set to my hotas and pedals are in the list...

Any ideas?
WTE_Vexx
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby FoolTrottel on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:27 pm

Titler wrote:Newbie here, making a post here as this tool may be what I need to solve my problem, although I'm not sure how to use it to do so. Apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I picked up a second hand MS Precision Pro, and when I turn in FB/PF, I find that I'm getting Z-Axis rudder input too, which is causing me to spin out and crash often. Under Windows Configuration, it can be up to +/- 10 (average about +/- 4) as I move the x/y axis around.
Some of it may be my own hauling on the stick, as I'm not used to it, and this may decrease in time though... But I'd like to get FB/PF to ignore about that much Z-Axis for now, but I don't know what settings I need to give for the joystick to prevent it. A fiddle around with the in game editor didn't seem to stop Z Axis moving, and the tutorial here about the bands didn't help identify how to target that axis in particular... so what do I need to set with this tool instead, if it's a possible solution?

Thanks.

(Oops.
Me thinks me needs to visit here more often... sorry!)

This tool should present you with a possible solution.
As it will show the in-game sensitivities, and it will allow you to change them. As long as you assign the rudder control in-game in Controls, Hotas section to the correct axis. Next, start the tool, and try adjustjusting deadband values.

Have fun!
FoolTrottel
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby FoolTrottel on Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:03 pm

WTE_Vexx wrote:great looking util, but i can't get it to change anything in my confi.ini

Installed it fine, it works, it recognises my settings but if i change them nothing happens in the .ini
I've got it set to the right folder and it says it's saved it to the .ini file.

nothing changed either in the ingame input settings or the confi.ini

I'm using saitek x-52 and CH pedals which are both recognised with the program, all my axis that are set to my hotas and pedals are in the list...

Any ideas?

That's weird!
Can you check if there's a file present called conf.ini.org?
(That should be the original version of the file.)
If it's not there, chances are it's pointing to the wrong folder.

Try and search the disk for a file called conf.ini, that has changed recently.
(There's an error-trap on any in-program error occuring, like it reports an error when conf.ini is set to read-only ...)

Have Fun!
FoolTrottel
Air Cadet Level 2

Return to Submissions