Mouse troubles

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

Mouse troubles

Postby wil566 on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:12 pm

I bought this week a wireless mouse (microsoft) and when i'm try to run orgotten battles,it seems like there some glue on it !! so i can't navigate thru the menu!! please help me
wil566
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:58 pm

Does this only occur in FB?

Have you installed the latest drivers for your mouse?

Assuming this is an optical mouse ensure the surfface you are using it on has some texture and is not too smooth or glossy.

Use new alkaline batteries

Do not operate the mouse too far away from the receiver as MS Wireless mouse and keyboard are very short range
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby wil566 on Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 am

The mouse drivers are installed,its abrand new mouse,so there are new batterries and I think he is about 15cm from the receiver placed!!
Its the only game the mouse isdoing that!!in other sims and games he is working fine!!
wil566
Air Cadet Level 1

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:10 am

Once playing the game, does it all run smoothly (the game that is)?
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby MaXMhZ on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:55 am

Since itt's a new mouse, I hope you uninstalled the old drivers/software, which brings me to the next thing to check - did it work without the drivers? Most of the time Windows XP will recognize the mouse even without the drivers. Check if the mouse has connection Mostly there is a little button on the bottom of the mouse you have to press once after you pressed the "Connect button on the receiver and there is a LED which will blink when the receiver is receiving data. If it's RF don't place cell phones or other RF devices neirby, they might interfere with the connection.
That's about all I can think of. Good Luck!
well maybe one more thing; check your conf.ini file if it has mouseUse=2 in it - see my annotated conf.ini (do a ctrl-f to find things concerning the mouse

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby wil566 on Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:22 pm

thanks for helping me ,I don't have uninstalled the older drivers! so I'm gonna try this !
thanks again!!
wil566
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum