So what am I missing then?

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy

So what am I missing then?

Postby KenleyKid on Tue May 02, 2006 2:31 pm

Pe-2 add-on. I've got no chance in even attempting a download of this monstrosity of a file. So apart from the Pe-2, what aircraft am I missing guys? Why the heck didn't OM/1c wait for a bit and put these 3 add-ons on the DVD complete collection, which apparently, is incomplete already! I would have gladly paid £39-99 (might have even stretched to 40 quid!) for that no worries, as it stands now I'm not going to get the add-ons ever am I? :cry:
KenleyKid
Forum Cynic

Re: So what am I missing then?

Postby EURO_Snoopy on Tue May 02, 2006 3:29 pm

It's possible to get the PE-2 addon even on dialup! But if you're willing to wait a few months (Last addon expected July '06) you will see a 'final' IL-2 Complete, the Platinum DVD release with all official Maddox addons
EURO_Snoopy
Site Admin

Postby MudPuppy on Tue May 02, 2006 10:23 pm

Truly? I had seen little snippets about a platinum edition in the "zoo-bi" forums but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much about it. Repairs on the spark plugs and EGR valve in my Mazda took all of my play-time money and I've not been able to get the complete DVD or Pe-2 add-on. July should be plenty of time to fill up the piggy bank again. :D

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Re: So what am I missing then?

Postby 100th_Alien on Wed May 03, 2006 3:09 am

KenleyKid wrote:Pe-2 add-on. I've got no chance in even attempting a download of this monstrosity of a file. So apart from the Pe-2, what aircraft am I missing guys? Why the heck didn't OM/1c wait for a bit and put these 3 add-ons on the DVD complete collection, which apparently, is incomplete already! I would have gladly paid £39-99 (might have even stretched to 40 quid!) for that no worries, as it stands now I'm not going to get the add-ons ever am I? :cry:

Money that's why...Like gas prices.
"The four elements: earth, air, water, and fire. Of these, I call your attention to two: air and fire. As pilots we live in the air, but we die by fire."
100th_Alien
Flight Sergeant

Postby KenleyKid on Wed May 03, 2006 8:37 am

Yep, guess it all comes down to money at the end of the day. Think it was a bit naughty to release "The Complete Collection" on DVD, which apparently is going to be followed this summer by "Another Complete Collection" or whatever. Will that REALLY be the end of it - or will they break all known records for reselling the same game over and over? Maybe I''m getting a touch old and cynical, but it doesn't exactly make me enthusiastic about this set-up.
Having said that, guess I'll probably buy the damn thing just the same - just feel a bit better after my little moan!
Is there somewhere on this site where the contents of Pe-2 are listed? :?
KenleyKid
Forum Cynic

Postby Luckyboy1 on Wed May 03, 2006 10:17 am

This game, to a degree, is a victum of its own success. The game has been in almost constant active development for the past 5 years. It is far to complicated and expansive to do any other way. After all, if it was easier to do, it would have already been done by Cousin Billy or mny other game code punchers out there! This constant game development has resulted in the release over time of...

Forgotten Battles

Ace Expansion Pack

Forgotten Batttles Gold Edition (a combination of Forgotten Battles & Ace Expansion Pack)

Pacific Fighters

and now finally and believe it or not by customer demand...

IL-2 Complete Edition

The constant development of the game has led to so many patches, that just installing the version you want can be confusing at best. So as a courtesy to the customer, 1:C and UBI have released first the Gold Edition and now the Complete Edition.

The term "complete" should not be viewed as a deceptive marketing ploy. After all, this is what you get when you let Russians name a game that gets marketed by Frenchmen or you wouldn't end up with something like...

Forgotten Battles/Ace Expansion Pack/Pacific Fighters combined install patched to the blah, blah level! :smt031

If you are waiting for the last possible version before buying, then I'd wait until fall of 2012 for BoB to mature!

Rather than have you read the very top, sticky in this forum, I've included a copy and paste of information I added to it on the new expansions coming out...

Here's what the Russian looks like from the 1:C site after a run through babelfish...

Of the histories of dive bomber "- that long-awaited is addition for a series of military history aviasimulyatorov" Il-2 the attack aircraft: The forgotten battles "," aces in the sky "and" Pearl Harbor ", because of which you will be able to sit down at the steering control of the most known Soviet dive bomber P -2 and the heavy destroyer P -3. New static campaigns tell about the combat work of "pawns" from front and naval aviation in the sky above the Kursk salient, Baltikoy, by the Baltic States and by Berlin. Two of the represented campaigns are dedicated to the actions of Soviet destroyers and attack aircraft above Orel and Carpathians

Special features of the game

4 modifications P -2 and 2 modifications P -3, accessible for control of the player

15 new objects: the anti-aircraft guns, heavy artillery and the ground-based technology

4 new static campaigns for VVS OF RKKA - WORKERS' AND PEASANTS' RED ARMY (total duration - 95 missions), created on the basis of the real historical events

5 missions for the joint passage and 5 single missions

66 new schematics of the coloring of the aircraft

8 black and white rollers

Attention! For installation and starting of the addition of the "histories of dive bomber" is required the preset of three games: "Il-2 the attack aircraft: Forgotten battles "," aces in the sky "and" Pearl Harbor ". Given addition can be established above any version of the united game, beginning from 3.0 and to 4..04m, including DVD the version of ya..0yam. (subsequent additions they can be established only above the "histories of the dive bomber" of version 4..05m)

And here's a couple screen shots from the same site...

http://games.1c.ru/images/news/732.jpg

http://games.1c.ru/images/news/733.jpg
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Wed May 03, 2006 12:02 pm

Yeah I can see how it can look "cheeky" to release one complete DVD and then after 4.07 release another complete DVD (well, it will probably be 4.08 that will be released, including new maps such as Burma and Norway).

But the way I look at it is this. The game has seen so many patches with new content at no charge to us the end user that I a, happy to support by purchasing each release. Why? Well I want to ensure that I have done my part in the hope that BoB will get the support of a publisher (which in this case will be UBI :cry: ). I have got so many hours from a title that I have spent very little on, and that for me is enought to support each release.

Cash cow, you bet ya. But if I get BoB, I'll be happy.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Postby KenleyKid on Wed May 03, 2006 2:23 pm

I can see where you're coming from on this - I agree its been amazingly successful, and with good reason too, its just if I'd known there was a platinum DVD coming out after July (just a few months behind the last one), I probably would have hung onto my hard earned cash for that DVD instead of the one I've just purchased - but I guess if it helps produce a really good BoB (at last), then I reckon I could maybe treat it as a charity donation, and hang out the old cd's/DVD's as bird scarers!!!
Thanks for the info on the Pe-2 add-on, sounds, err, interesting. Personally I'd prefer more content away from the EF which I think is well catered for already.
1V/JG1 Oesau - you mentioned the bit I'm really after; the Burma scenery. If this is included in the new DVD, then its as good as sold in my case. I wonder if they will put back the aircraft that were missing from some of the updates, like the Typhoon and Fiat G.55? I've read that more Japanese aircraft are on the way (Army bombers at last?), in the second add-on I believe, which is good news, and another reason for me buying it.
I suppose, thinking about it, OM could have charged for all those free add-ons coudn't he? Wonder why he didn't? Has someone got involved that is more commercially orientated I wonder? Mind you, don't think we should have to pay for patches.
KenleyKid
Forum Cynic

Postby IV/JG1_Oesau on Wed May 03, 2006 10:01 pm

I honestly couldn't tell you if the plat DVD will be 4.08 which is the Burma and Norway map patch (free). Considering what I have heard that the plat DVD will be the final cut I am thinking it would include 4.08, but until something is said offically you have to take things with a grain of salt.

Here's a link for you to look at, which has some nice shots of the upcoming add ons: http://www.rrgstudios.com/

Seems Luthier is back into things after being very quiet after the Pacific Fighters development days.
IV/JG1_Oesau
Squadron Leader

Return to IL-2 Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters Forum