Everything worked until...

A place for discussion about VAC, get answers and chat with the author. This is a good place for ideas and problem solving. So come on in and make your posts now.

Moderator: Shift_E

Everything worked until...

Postby ShadowMech on Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:33 pm

Hi,

I was testing out VAC this morning. I did the voice training, then loaded the profile off the website, then added some custom commands. I flew and tested everything out and it worked flawlessly. In the profiel editor when I would click the test phrase it would come back with a match every time. I saved the profile and closed vac. I could come back to VAC and it recognized the profile. I then turned off the computer and when I started vac again, I could not get it to tes tthe phrase. When I click on it the test phrase box turns green and VAC is unresponsive. Did I somehow loose all my voice training again or is this something else? Any tips would be greatly appreciated as it was shwoing good promise.

Also is there a way to use the same key to toggle the activate/deactivate voice commands using the same key?

Thanks
S.M
ShadowMech
Air Cadet Level 1

Re: Everything worked until...

Postby Shift_E on Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:04 am

ShadowMech wrote:Hi,

I was testing out VAC this morning. I did the voice training, then loaded the profile off the website, then added some custom commands. I flew and tested everything out and it worked flawlessly. In the profiel editor when I would click the test phrase it would come back with a match every time. I saved the profile and closed vac. I could come back to VAC and it recognized the profile. I then turned off the computer and when I started vac again, I could not get it to tes tthe phrase. When I click on it the test phrase box turns green and VAC is unresponsive. Did I somehow loose all my voice training again or is this something else? Any tips would be greatly appreciated as it was shwoing good promise.

Also is there a way to use the same key to toggle the activate/deactivate voice commands using the same key?

Thanks
S.M

Hi Shadow,

Open Speech in the control panel and make sure SAPI 5.1. is the select speech engine. Run through the microphone wizard, make sure your microphone is working. If that doesn't work email me.

If I understand your question with the same key for activate/deactivate, you can assign the same key, however VAC wouldn't work as the push to deactivate key overrides the other key.
Shift_E

Quick Mission Tuner
http://qmt.webhop.net
Voice Activated Command
http://www.dwvac.com
Shift_E
Utilities Developer

Return to Voice Activated Command (VAC)