IL-2 Anonymous?

Moderators: CrazySchmidt, EURO_Snoopy, MaXMhZ, MudPuppy, Proud IL2 ACE

IL-2 Anonymous?

Postby Mel on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:07 pm

Is there a 12-step program for this addiction? :lol: I used to have a sane, balanced life. Now I think I will die soon from sleep deprivation. :( Just gotta practice landing one more time….. Research the forums and reviews for the best gear…. Shot down again, gotta have one more go at that mission before calling it a night. (I’ll keep my resolution to quit by 10:30 pm tomorrow….) Squeeze a few more fps from the box….Try on line play-Boom! Where did he come from? How did it get to be 1am already? :oops:

Thought I’d be a minimalist and not get into this too deep. Now after a new computer, video card upgrade, new stick and pro pedals, I’m thinking of buying Track IR! :shock: (Of course it’s all a lot less expensive than the bass boat I almost bought two years ago.)

Maybe Luckyboy can provide a link for software that will deny me access to my computer after a certain number of hours.

Is everyone here as crazy as I am?
:wink:

Now which sound card was it that will improve my fps?
Mel
Corporal

Postby 100th_Alien on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:10 pm

yes mel, were all as crazy as you, some of us maybe more :D
"The four elements: earth, air, water, and fire. Of these, I call your attention to two: air and fire. As pilots we live in the air, but we die by fire."
100th_Alien
Flight Sergeant

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:13 pm

Maybe Luckyboy can provide a link for software that will deny me access to my computer after a certain number of hours.

Hmm...part software, part hardware...I've got one of these, til death do us part. :smt057

MudPuppy
MudPuppy
Warrant Officer

Postby Luckyboy1 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 pm

Sorry Mel, but...

1) There is no cure!

2) You're not really nuts until you are peltier cooling two X1900 cards and compressed gas cooling a beta version of the Conroe chip and spent $300.00 for the lowest latency, highest performing RAM and have a PC Power & Cooling 1 KW power supply running it all and a 0 RAID array of the fastest drives and the wireless Creative Headset and have the Vector thingy dangling from your 'ead and are on the phone as you are at HyperJobby with the consulting engineers about the movable platform for your geeky cockpit!

3) Have you called Joe yet to order the sound card yet? If so, which one did you choose?!

4) Sorry Mel, but you cannot deny the dark side of the force! :drinkers:
Read Luckyboy's Guide For Complete Users...

Luckyboys Guide

For all your hardware needs...

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby Luckyboy1 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:32 pm

Remember, you call JOE for the correct card! Click the link, pick up the phone, get the New Jersey to English AT&T translator on the line and call him! :wink:

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby Luckyboy1 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:08 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot a couple of details about the truly crazy ones. They got 3 high dollar HD screens that they look at the game on. They sell 'em on eBay every month and get new ones due to a few pixels burning out! They send nekid' pictures of their PC to Oleg to try and entice him into going to their home for a game... sounds alot like CrazyIvan dontcha think?!... sorry Snoop, I'm a little tipsy on a glass of wino-wine!

They read endlessly about WWII flyers lives and know what some unbathed guy named Hans had for breakfast on 2-23-1942.

They refer to their private parts as "the little misquitoe that could!"... again, sounds like CrazyDude to me!

They named their daughters after maps in the games and their sons have names like...

Sedgewith

Moggie

Winston

Gunther

Serge

and for the U.S... Earl! :smt118

When a patch or add-on comes out, they instruct UBI to just inject it directly into the veins in their arm!

Their Winnebago has been modified to look like a TB-3

They don't like going fishing anymore because real water doesn't hold a candle to water = 2

They think that if Oleg didn't make a map for it, it doesn't exist!

They only noticed they've neglected feeding the family cat because it's putrifying, immaciated carcass leaked into the power supply of their gaming PC and shorted it out!... stinking lousy cat! :smt117

No Mel, you're @ss is Oleg's, but you can believe without drinking the Cool-Aid, but it helps! :smt044

Luckyboys Guide

Magnum PC
Luckyboy1
Forum Dissident

Postby Mel on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:51 am

Get thee behind me Satan! :twisted: Seriously, I'm gonna be out of town for a couple of days and can't put the game on my company laptop. So I'll just have to go cold turkey. :cry: It will also be next week before I talk to Joe. I guess there's some hope for me if I can wait for those extra 5fps.

Did get my new fighterstick today. 8) I'm demonstrating my self control by not plugging it in. If I do I'll be up way too late again.

But your right. I'll be back! :lol:

Thanks for the help. :D
Mel
Corporal

Postby MaXMhZ on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:10 am

yep - It's a serious addiction.

There was an IL-2 Anonimous some years back on the UBI General Discussion Forum, but I'm afraid the mods couldn't handle it - too much work :D

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.-Marcus Aurelius
NWS Online Shop
MaXMhZ
Site Admin

Postby Greyhawk on Sat May 13, 2006 6:04 pm

Soooo true Mel...had to go cold turkey myself for awhile...mainly due to relocation/career moves etc. :shock: That was back in the summer of 2003. was off for about 5 months and could only fly offline, which helped but still was not online. So..threw myself into redoing the basement with the super secret plan of allocating some room there for the "flight sim/cockpit" project. The wife actually bought me the the next IL-2 add on sim for doing such a great remodeling job!!!
1ST AIR RESCUE SERVICE - T.R.A.P.S

"IVESTIGO AB RECUPERO, VIRTUTE ET ARMIS"
TO SEEK AND RECOVER, BY VALOR AND ARMS
Greyhawk
Air Cadet Level 2

Postby BSS_Seca on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:10 pm

S~ Mel,

Well,.......... I told ya! sounds like your in deep LOL .
drop me a line when you want to hook up again.

BSS_Seca
BSS_Seca
Major T.O. Black Sheep Squadron
http://www.bss214.com
BSS_Seca
Air Cadet Level 1

Return to General Topics